Wednesday, May 6, 2009

French Fries are just cut up and fried potatoes, right?

Tonight I learned that this is NOT true. I have many issues with McDonald's as a nutritionist and propagator of eating REAL, WHOLE foods, but now I have yet another reason to speak unfavorably towards this establishment. They flavor their fries with gluten and dairy! Ugh. As if it wasn't bad enough to fry the potatoes in trans fats, they are also adding two of the most allergenic foods in America to some of the most commonly eaten foods in America. I guess that is job security for me. This is just one example of how we have adulterated the foods we eat. Vote with your wallet and choose REAL, WHOLE foods. Bake your own potatoes at home with a light sprinkling of sea salt. Click here to read an article by MSNBC.

No comments:

Post a Comment